Standard Air & Lite is currently searching for an individual to fill a Non-CDL Delivery Driver / Warehouse Position at our Pittsburgh, PA Headquarters location. We are looking for an energetic and reliable individual to start immediately and make an immediate impact on our daily operations.
Job duties would include but are not limited to:
Drivers are primarily responsible for driving delivery routes to ensure our customers receive timely delivery of their orders. When not driving, or driving is complete for the day, drivers function as a Warehouse Laborer in our Pittsburgh (Crafton, PA) warehouse.
Drivers are responsible for the following:
- Ensuring proper paperwork is completed to maintain compliance with DOT regulations and company policies.
- Loading delivery vehicles while planning for the most efficient route and delivery sequence. Securing load properly to prevent damage or injury.
- Drive delivery routes and unload product in a designated location at customer facilities. Be polite, professional and courteous at all times.
- Function as a warehouse laborer when all routes are complete.
Warehouse Laborers are responsible for accomplishing assigned tasks in the warehouse to include:
- Operating load handling equipment to include daily safety inspections of equipment. (equipment includes forklifts, pallet jacks, pick carts, hand trucks or dollies, etc.)
- Process all warehouse transactions (item moves, putaways, receiving, etc.) on RF barcode scanners.
- Picking customer orders and branch transfers accurately and efficiently.
- Staging orders in the appropriate shipping lane for delivery.
- Loading trucks for delivery;
- Ensuring proper paperwork is created/processed at each step of the pick, stage, load and ship process.
- Performing secondary checks on items loaded onto delivery truck to ensure order accuracy.
- Receiving supplier deliveries;
- Unloading delivery trucks into receiving areas/bins.
- Verifying packing lists match what is actually delivered before signing paperwork and releasing delivery driver.
- Receiving shipments into stock.
- Inventory putaway from the dock receiving areas to stock bins.
- Replenishment of primary pick bins from overstock.
- Inventory control tasks such as cycle counting.
- Minor facility maintenance as needed (replacing bulbs, snow removal, etc.)
- Cleaning of work and warehouse areas.
- Other projects as assigned (inventory and bin reorganization, special inventory counting, etc.)
- Approximate Hourly Rate: $10-$12/hr
- Must Be Reliable and Responsible.
- Must Be Reliable and Punctual for Attendance.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license.
- Must maintain an impeccable driving record.
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical.
- Physically Able to: Lift 50lbs; reach bins from 0' to 7' using pick ladders.
- Ability to use an RF barcode scanner (3.5" screen) and to learn warehouse software as all warehouse transactions are processed on these individually assigned, portable scanners.
- 1+ Years Experience in a Warehouse Environment a Plus
- Non-Smoker A Plus (Standard Air & Lite facilities are smoke-free environments.)
Standard Air & Lite is a leading HVAC wholesale distributor serving Western PA, Eastern OH and Northern WV. We are an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program) company offering competitive benefits.
Candidates should submit their resume via email to webjobs [@] stdair.com or upload their resume below.